Monday, July 20, 2009

One Small Step...


40 years ago tonight my mom got me out of bed and plopped me down in front of the black and white tv and made me watch Neil and Buzz walk on the moon. This is probably the single greatest event in the history of man so far.

Then some moron in Congress, Sen Walter Mondale to be exact, made sure that Apollo 18, 19, and 20 were canceled. To top it off some genius at NASA decided that our next step was to build a shuttle that could get into Earth orbit and then build a space station so that this shuttle would have some place to go. Looks like it will be private enterprise that will finally get man to Mars and beyond. Hell, we are gonna have to hitch rides to the space station from the Russians in a couple of years. I am sure John Kennedy would be proud.

No comments: