Wednesday, June 24, 2009

People (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)


This is the "Fresca Man"(straw hat) . He sells strawberries (frescas) down the street from where I live. As the sign says you can get three baskets for 1000 colones ($1.75). He is a nice guy and always waves at the buses and cars that go by. I buy my frescas from him.


Here is one of the local cops. Not the Federal police, they usually have on Kevlar vests and are a bit better armed. I took this picture because he is talking to a guy that is breaking the law. Selling stuff on the street is illegal, but no one cares.

Download and enlarge this pic to understand all I will explain. The guy in the black and white velour track suit and white shoes has on the worst rug I have ever seen in the Western Hemisphere. My shot was just a fraction of a second too soon to capture his leering and attempted pickup of the tica in the pink blouse. If you have enlarged the pic (sorry my camera sux) you will notice a small patch of black on his upper lip. I first thought it was a mustache, but when I moved closer to check out the hottie on the far right wearing the blue shirt with the backpack.(He is standing in a McDonalds next door) I realized it is actually very long nose hairs forming a sort of Hitler stach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, there are skanky guys the world over -- I'm SHOCKED!! :)

Yeah, the snappy black and white outfit would have drawn me to him -- NOT. Ick.


Signed,
Ruby Estelle