Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dodging Earthquakes

I moved from one of the most seismically quiet parts of the Western Hemisphere to one of the busiest. So what happens 10 days after I move? EARTHQUAKE in Ft Worth!!!! Go figure. I have not even felt so much as a wiggle down here, except for the gravel trucks hauling arse down the street at 2am. No such thing as a no truck zone down here. If your vehicle will fit on the road then drive down it, if not use one of both sidewalks as needed.

Another thing I cant seem to get used to yet. THE FREAKING SUN COMES UP AT 5AM. What is up with that? Then again it goes down about 5pm and rumor has it with little or no seasonal variability. Well that is life at 9 degrees north of the Equator.

On the food front I have found Dr. Pepper so all is well. Those of you that know me know that that is my crack and I was starting to get the shakes. But my habit of one bottle a week has been satisfied and I have a reserve stock on hand.

All for now.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Okay, I have to ask -- you moved, why?

(Plus, I've been up forever this morning, no one else anywhere seems to be awake and altho I should be working -- even tho it's Sunday -- I've had enough coffee, so here I am.) Good morning!!

And, yes, you were rockhauler, from Mr. El Cap.

Unknown said...

Just looking for a change really. A little adventure I guess.

Kath said...

Oh, well, sure then. Going up in a balloon or painting the house isn't enough adventure for you, sure, I can see moving to a foreign country, with another language, no job and all. Yep, that would be an adventure all right.

Couldn't you have just joined the military? You'd have the foreign country, the guns and all!! Afghanistan is lovely this time of year.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Kath!

JW